Everyone loves a good happy hour, right?
Whether it be to unwind after a long day at work, to socialize with friends & co-workers, to celebrate an accomplishment, or just because.
No one will turn down a good food or drink discount.
But, in order to truly enjoy Denver’s great happy hours, you need to know where to find them. As a deal hunter myself, I’ve visited several restaurants, breweries, and bars with exceptional happy hours, so I figured I’d list some of my favorites in and around Denver for you to enjoy as well!
- Tokyo Joes ~ Perhaps some may not consider this a happy hour, but I do because it’s an amazing deal that makes me very happy. Every Monday after 4:00 PM, Tokyo Joes offers BOGO bowls and sushi rolls! This is one of our favorite deals because it makes a seemingly boring Monday 10x better.
- Ace ~ During the winter, I opt for Ace’s Lucky $11 deal, where you get a tasty, steaming bowl of ramen + a cocktail of choice for $11!
- Steuben’s Uptown ~ Partner of Ace, Steuben’s also has a Lucky $7 happy hour deal from 3 to 6 PM and 10 PM to close when you can get a grilled cheese, beer & fries OR a falafel wrap, beer & fries OR a cheeseburger, beer & fries for just $7! They also offer other drink deals during their HH, including $1 Miller High Lifes.
- Denver Milk Market ~ Whether it’s happy hour or not, this is a cool spot to go for the atmosphere and variety of options! They offer a HH with $6 classic cocktails & more at the Moo Bar from Monday to Friday, 2 to 6 PM AND all-day happy hour at the Stranded Pilgrim on Sundays!
- Lime ~ For quite a few months, Lime was my go-to for a good marg & delicious chips & salsa. During their happy hour, Monday, Wednesday – Friday, you can expect strong, refreshing $3 margs, discounted apps, and fluffy flour tortilla chips & salsa to go along with your dranks
- Otra Vez ~ This spot offers a cool atmosphere with music bumping, along with a great happy hour. Enjoy $6 16-oz margs or $15 bottomless margs + complimentary chips & salsa from 4 to 6:30 PM, Monday – Friday!
- Illegal Pete’s ~ One of my other go-to spots for a good marg in a laid-back atmosphere, Pete’s offers one of the longest happy hours from 3 PM to 8 PM every day, which I SO appreciate. Get their refreshing margs for $4.50 paired with a free side of chips & salsa. You can’t go wrong with that.
- Illegal Burger ~ To carry on the theme of ‘illegal’ and ‘margs,’ let’s talk about Illegal Burger’s all day Monday happy hour featuring $2 margs! We love going to this spot for a cheap marg paired with a nice spot to sit on the patio in Writer’s Square.
- HopDoddy ~ Located right next to Union Station, HopDoddy is in the perfect location for a happy hour right after work! & thank goodness for their happy hour – from 3 to 6:30 PM, they offer $5 specialty drinks, beer, wine, fries, and a seasonal specialty burger. I strongly recommend the Skinny Dip, which is basically a corona flipped over in a gigantic, delicious margarita (regularly $10.50!)
- Thirsty Lion ~ Also neighboring Union Station (as well as in Cherry Creek), the Thirsty Lion offers a great outdoor patio space for the summer, along with a great happy hour menu featuring a variety of bites & drinks like queso, sushi, beer flights & more!
- Lucky Pie LoDo ~ If you’re looking for delicious discounted pizza & beer, check out Lucky Pie’s happy hour from 4 to 6 PM daily. From $5 pizzas to $3.5 dollar beers, you won’t be disappointed.
- Panzano ~ Daily happy hours can be hard to find, but Panzano offers a great one from 2:30 to 6 PM (yep, even on the weekends!). I wouldn’t usually go to Panzano due to their higher prices, but I greatly enjoyed their discounted drinks and apps on their HH menu
- North Italia ~ Similar to Panzano, North Italia is a pricier Italian restaurant found in the premier Cherry Creek Shopping Center. I love their happy hour (M-F from 3 PM to 6 PM & ALL DAY Sunday!) consisting of a bottle of wine + a pizza or bruschetta for $20, $8 pizzas, $5 bruschetta, $3 zucchini chips, and $4 beers + $5 glasses of wine!
- Crazy Mountain ~ It’s hard to beat dollar beers, and that’s exactly what Crazy Mountain offers every Monday from 12 PM to 1 PM. The challenge is finding time to sneak away from work to enjoy this incredible deal!
- Chicken Rebel ~ Parked at Finn’s Manor, the Chicken Rebel Food Truck offers BOGO sandwich deals on a random basis – and let me tell ya, their fried chicken is no joke. Follow them on Instagram to be the first to know when they offer deals!
- Work & Class ~ Talk about some tasty cocktails & yummy bites. Work & Class offers a HH featuring foods & drinks like chicken pot pie & unique cocktails from 4 to 6 PM, Tuesday – Friday & 4 to 5 PM on the weekends. + they have a ‘happiest hour’ during their Tuesday – Friday HH that takes another 20% off happy hour food!
- City O’ City ~ Vegan or not, City O’ City has some awesome food AND a bomb happy hour that anyone can enjoy. Every day from 3 to 6 PM & from 11PM to close, choose from multiple food & drink specials at this hip spot.
- Earls ~ If you’re looking for a great brunch deal, Earls is the place to go. Up til 12:00 pm on the weekend, enjoy brunch meals like Steak & Eggs and Chorizo & Mushroom Hash for just $9! Earls also offers discounted drinks and food during their weekday, after-work happy hour.
- iFish + Ramen ~ If you’re in the mood for sushi, why not get it on the cheap? on Monday – Thursday, 3 to 6 PM and Friday – Saturday, ALL DAY, iFish offers discounted drinks, appetizers and sushi rolls!
- Yard House ~ Half off select appetizers & all pizzas + discounted beers makes for a good happy hour from 3 to 6 PM, Monday – Friday! Also enjoy their late night happy hour from 10 PM to close, Sunday – Thursday!
- Linger ~ Get city views with your happy hour at Linger, an old mortuary turned hip restaurant in Denver’s lower Highlands. Dine on the rooftop overlooking the city while sipping $6 cocktails and chowing down on $5 eats found on their HH menu from 4 to 6:30 PM, Monday – Friday.
- Adelita’s ~ On Taco Tuesday, there’s no better place to be than Adelita’s on South Broadway, where you can scarf down $1 tacos & $5 house margs. They also have daily specials every day of the week that are worth checking out!
- Wash Park Grill ~ After walking around Wash Park, head to this Italian grill, where their HH (3 – 6:30 PM, Monday – Friday) features discounted happy hours and drinks. They also offer daily specials AND a free $30 tab on your birthday!
- Pub on Pearl ~ Also down by Wash Park, Pub on Pearl offers $3.50 wells all day, every day, along with daily specials including $6 all-you-can-eat wings on Thursdays!
- Humboldt Farm, Fish, Wine ~ In Cap Hill, 17th St offers a plethora of restaurants, including this one with a daily HH from 3 to 6 PM. Enjoy Smoked Trout Dip, Crispy Broccoli, tasty cocktails & more at a discounted price!
- McCormick & Schmick’s ~ If you happen to find yourself in the DTC, check out the happy hour at McCormick & Schmick’s offering discounted meals from $3 to $9, $4.5 well spirits + $4.75 local & craft draft beers. I recommend the Crispy Baja Fish Tacos and the Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl (pictured above).
I hope this list assists with your happy hour search!
& feel free to leave a comment if you’d like to share your go-to happy hour spots – I’m always searching for more!
frugal & free,