Ahh, Valentine’s Day.
So much love. So much potential to spend money. And so many more possibilities to save.
Despite common thought, the amount of money you spend on your significant other does not signify how much you love them. In fact, some of the cheapest dates and gifts can often mean more than some of the most expensive.
Then again, if you’re not into the whole frugal thing like me, you may not agree. So for those who like to spend a lot of money to show your love, this post (and entire blog, really) may not be for you, but for those who are searching for ways to save, yet still show your love, here are a few ideas and deals that can make for a cheap, yet completely fun and lovable Valentine’s Day.
❤ Restaurant Deals ❤
- Qdoba is looking to spread the love with a BOGO deal on Valentine’s Day. All you have to do is kiss your significant other (or a pic of a celeb, or a random stranger in line..) to get a BOGO entree deal!
- From February 13th to 15th, Corner Bakery Cafe has a BOGO sandwich or panini deal for all eCafe members!
- Auntie Ann’s is also offering a BOGO heart-shaped pretzel deal to any Pretzel Perk Members!
- Sign up for Garbanzo rewards to receive a BOGO entree deal!
- If you’re a part of the Einstein’s Bagels Shmear Society, you’ll receive the special offer of a BOGO Egg sandwich!
- Sign up for Fazoli’s E Family to get a special BOGO ‘Build Your Own Pasta Bowl + Free Red Velvet Cheesecake’ to share offer!
- Krispy Kreme has a February (Freebruary) deal going on, where if you buy a cup of their new coffee, you can get a glazed donut for free!
- If you’re looking to spice up your relationship, head over to Schlotzky’s on February 14 to get a special free 3 oz. bottle of its signature hot sauce!
❤ Ideas for a sweet, cheap Valentine’s Day date ❤
- Stay in for the night & make a date out of cooking up a delicious dinner with your loved one! Afterwards, pick out a movie to watch from Redbox, Netflix, or on TV
- Grab a bite to eat at a food truck and explore your city!
- Head over to a local park (if you’re in Denver, there are plenty!) and walk around with your loved one. Bring a bottle of wine (get one of the cheap, tasty wines from Trader Joe’s for extra savings ~ we got a White Zinfandel for $2.99 the other day & actually really liked it), a blanket, and some home-made sandwiches to make a picnic out of it!
- Go on a hike! (Again, if you’re in Denver, there are plenty of hikes near Denver in Jeff Co’s many Open Spaces) Start your hike around 4 or 5 and make it to the top of a mountain for a great view as the sun sets.
- Have a game night! Take out all of those old board games and celebrate Valentine’s Day with other couples over drinks and good ol’ competitive board game fun
- If you enjoy sweets as much as I do, cook a tasty meal at home, and then go out afterwards to spend a little money on dessert (ice cream, cake, or whatever you’re feeling from a local bakery or ice cream shop)!
As for gifts,
All I asked of Matthew was flowers and a card 💐 Loving words go a long way and flowers brighten up any day.
Got any cheap Valentine’s Day date ideas? Feel free to share in the comments below!
Hope you all have a wonderful, frugal, Valentine’s Day! ❤
frugal and free,