This quarantine has really given Matthew and I the time to experiment with different foods.
One of those foods is noodles.
There are so many different types of noodles out there and it has been so fun trying out different varieties and mixing them into new recipes.
A favorite noodle meal of ours lately has been our Asian-inspired Veggie Lettuce Wraps with thin rice noodles.
Here’s what we used:
- 1/2 a Head of Lettuce
- Thin Rice Noodles (we used Thai Kitchen Rice Noodles)
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4 Onion
- A Can of Mushrooms (you can use fresh too!)
- Soy sauce
- Asian sesame dressing (we used Kraft’s)
- Cayenne pepper
& here’s how we did it:
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package
- Meanwhile, simmer the mushrooms, onions, soy sauce, cayenne, and dressing in a pan on medium heat
- Pull apart the lettuce head to form 6 to 7 shells on 2 plates
- Once the noodles are done, drain and add to the pan with the other ingredients
- Mix everything together until noodles are well-soaked
- Evenly distribute the noodle mix on each of the lettuce shells
- Add avocado and any other toppings you’d like (I also added tomatoes, sesame seeds, and spicy veggie chicken – tofu would also be delicious with this!)
*Beware: These are quite messy to eat so grab a fork for any pieces that fall out*
Have you been creating noodle dishes while in quarantine?
What’s your go-to?
Let me know in the comments below!
frugal & free,