I’ve said it before & I’ll say it again: I love build-your-own burrito bowls!
You can literally put all your favorite things in one bowl. What a dream!
Here’s my go-to:
- Roasted sweet potatoes
- Black beans
& here’s how I make it (easiest recipe ever):
- Cut up a small sweet potato into cubes and mix in a bowl with melted butter & spices (I use onion powder, garlic powder, & a spicy Chipotle spice)
- Bake spiced sweet potato cubes in oven at 400 degrees F for ~25 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to box instructions
- Prepare a bowl with spinach, some canned black beans and canned or fresh tomatoes
- Once sweet potatoes & quinoa are done, place in bowl with other ingredients
- Add avocado and your choice of cheese (I used goat for my most recent)
- Enjoy with tortilla chips & salsa
What do you like to put in your burrito bowls?
Let me know in the comments below!
Frugal & free,