You guys ever wonder who’s the cook between Matthew & I?
Well, I’m going to tell you anyway.
Matthew has actually always been the cook. Even while we were in high school, he’d be cooking me random meals. But when he changed jobs and started commuting to Louisville last year, I started getting home earlier than him, so I became the designated cook.
Now, I love it too – especially during quarantine!
It has been so much fun trying new things, specifically vegetarian recipes.
And I’m SO excited to share this one because it was absolutely delicious.
Also side note: this was actually another “Matthew recipe” & he crushed it.
Here’s what he used for a meal for 2 (probs could have fed 3 – 4 but we ate it all…):
- A Block of Tofu (we used the super firm from Sprouts b/c it makes cooking tofu so much easier – no pressing necessary)
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 tbsp Oil of Choice (we used vegetable oil)
- Sesame Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
& here’s how he made it:
- Dice tofu into cubes (after pressing out water if you’re not using the super firm)
- Toss tofu in flour and vegetable oil on a pan over medium-high heat until fried
- Add sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, garlic powder, & onion powder (literally just toss them in as you please..no set amount) to pan and toss tofu in it
- Fry tofu in sauce until crispy
- Remove from sauce and place over your choice of grain or alongside your choice of veggies. Enjoy!
This Honey-Glazed tofu was so crispy and SO flavorful. We just tossed it in broccoli and added it to a bowl of quinoa. Delicious!
Give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
frugal & free,