I cannot remember the last time I had Taco Bell, but I know that it was probably after a night out drinking & dancing and I probably had a crunchwrap and I probably thought it was delicious.
Anyway… it seemed fitting to pair our Cinco de Mayo margs with homemade veggie crunchwraps last night.
Here’s what we used for 2 (very hearty) crunchwraps:
- Beefless Beef (we used Trader Joe’s beefless beef)
- A small potato, diced & roasted
- A handful of onions
- A little bit of lettuce
- A few tortilla chips
- 3 tortillas
- Hot Sauce
- Your favorite salsa
- Garlic Powder
& here’s how we made them:
- Cook the beefless beef, onions, and potatoes on a pan over medium heat until done (took us ~10 minutes). Add hot sauce & garlic powder while cooking
- Meanwhile, prepare 2 of the 3 tortillas on 2 separate plates by spreading cheese, lettuce, and hot sauce evenly across them
- Once the beefless beef mix is fully cooked, spread it on top of the tortillas evenly
- Add your favorite salsa, the tortilla chips, and more hot sauce if desired
- Cut your 3rd tortilla in half (you’ll be using these halves to seal the hole of your crunchwrap while folding)
- Place the 3rd tortilla halves over the middle of the filled tortillas. Begin folding the filled tortillas, forming them into octagon shapes – like a crunchwrap!
- Place on pan over medium heat and cook each side for ~3 minutes until browned and crispy
- Remove from pan & enjoy with guac, salsa, or just on its own!
We were VERY into these crunchwraps for Cinco de Mayo – especially paired with our margs & homemade guac.
They brought us right back to our Taco Bell Days…but honestly, these days are so much better, including these homemade crunchwraps. So. much. better.
Give them a try & let me know what you think!
frugal & free,