While seeking vegetarian food inspiration, I noticed that curry is a big deal in the vegetarian world.
And I can definitely see why.
The flavors are always so rich and Matthew & I obviously love sauce, so curry has become a big hit in our little home.
Our latest curry creation is this Veggie Yellow Curry – a delicious mix of veggies & Trader Joe’s Thai Yellow Curry. YUM.
Here’s what we used (use amounts that make sense for your group):
- Brown Rice
- Frozen carrots
- Frozen broccoli
- Tofu, diced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- Trader Joe’s Thai Yellow Curry
& here’s how we made it:
- Start by draining your tofu and dicing it into small cubes
- Chop your onion and begin roasting on a well-greased pan over medium heat. + Sprinkle on spices of your choice (garlic powder, cayenne, etc)
- Simultaneously, start cooking your brown rice according to the instructions on your package
- Add tofu, carrots, and broccoli to the pan with the onions & cook altogether
- Once the above is cooked, stir in the yellow curry sauce
- Place brown rice in a bowl (or on a plate) and add the curry mixture
- Enjoy with a good movie (because it’s Friday, you guys!)
This was SO flavorful & it has made me want to try allllllllll the curry in the world.
What’s your favorite type of curry?
Let me know in the comments below!
frugal & free,