Ever since I learned about dalgona coffee (the famous whipped coffee – check my Dalgona Coffee post for details), I have been making it every single day of quarantine – no joke.
So, I figured I should give myself – and my body (b/c all that sugar though) – a break and try something new.
Matthew & I don’t have a coffee maker (crazy, I know), but we do have instant coffee from all that dalgona coffee we’ve been drinking. And, because it’s basically summer weather now (finally!!), there is no choice but iced coffee – so, instant iced coffee it was!
Here’s what I used:
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup milk (your choice of milk + your choice on the amount of milk, depending on what strength coffee you desire)
& here’s how I made it:
- Scoop the instant coffee, warm water and sugar into a blender bottle (or a mason jar…or something with a top that allows you to seal it)
- Pour in your preferred amount of milk, along with a few cubes of ice
- Seal the blender bottle and shake shake shake until well blended (~30 seconds)
- Pour into a cup and enjoy!
I was pleasantly surprised at how good this iced coffee turned out! Everything mixed together really nicely, it was deliciously frothy, and it was truly the easiest thing to do (takes me 2 minutes every time).
Give it a try & let me know what you think in the comments below!
frugal & free,