Another banana post – surprise!
In all honesty, I wanted to make something other than banana bread with my overripe bananas…but these muffins actually turned out to taste just like banana bread – in muffin form.
Oh well, good thing I love banana bread.
Plus, muffins are more portable, so now I basically just have some portable banana bread. And I’m not mad about it.
OH best part about these – no eggs or flour is needed!
Here’s what I used for a dozen super easy-to-make muffins:
- 3 bananas (the riper, the sweeter!)
- 3/4 cup nut butter
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinammon
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
& here’s how I made them:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Prep muffin tin w/ muffin liners or cooking spray
- Toss all the ingredients – minus the chocolate chips – into a blender
- Blend until well-mixed (should be super fast!)
- Once well-mixed, stir in chocolate chips
- Pour into prepared muffin tin (fill up 3/4 of each cup) & top with remaining chocolate chips
- Bake in oven for ~15 minutes
- Remove from oven, let cool & enjoy!
I don’t know why I was expecting these to taste like anything other than banana bread…but gosh, I just love banana bread so I was very pleased with these muffins.
Give them a try & let me know what you think!
frugal & free,