Sweet potatoes are the best.
If you think otherwise, just leave because this post is a waste of time for you.
I absolutely love sweet potatoes and I do believe I have discovered the easiest, tastiest sweet potato recipe ever: the Stuffed Sweet Potato.
Here’s all you need:
– 1 medium-sized sweet potato
– 1/4 can of black beans
– 1/4 can of diced tomatoes
– A handful of spinach
– Cheese of choice (optional)
– Any other toppings (greek yogurt, hot sauce, avocados are just a few of my ideas)
& here’s what you do
- Wash the sweet potato
- Using a fork or a knife, poke multiple holes into the sweet potato
- Heat in microwave for ~2 minutes
- Then, flip over and heat for another ~2 minutes until the sweet potato is soft enough to easily poke a fork through it
- Using a knife, cut the sweet potato down the middle – not all the way (just enough to stuff it with your toppings)
- Add spinach, black beans, tomatoes, cheese, and any other toppings you’d like!
- Enjoy with a fork and knife
This meal seriously took less than 10 minutes to make and was super filling and delicious. My favorite part is that you can top it with whatever you think would be good!
What toppings do you like on your baked potatoes / stuffed sweet potatoes?
Let me know in the comments below!
frugal & free,