You can never go wrong with fajitas.
They’re tasty, healthy, and most importantly – customizable.
At least that was our thought when we were cooking for my parents and Matthew’s parents when we were in Georgia last month. Since my parents aren’t vegetarian, we were trying really hard to think of something that they would like.
So, we landed on this dish.
And it was a hit.
Here’s what you need (for 4 servings):
- A bag of Quorn meatless steak strips
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 can roasted, diced tomatoes
- A pack of small tortillas
- Homemade guac (optional, but pretty much necessary)
Here’s how you do it:
- Slice the red pepper, yellow pepper, and onion and place on a pan over medium heat
- Add the Quorn steak strips to the pan and begin cooking according to the instructions on the bag
- At the same time, heat up the tomatoes on a pan over medium heat for a few minutes
- Heat up the cauliflower rice in the microwave, following the instructions on the bag
- While all the above is cooking, start making your guac!
- Once everything is cooked, remove from heat and line up the toppings as shown in the photo below
- Top your tortillas with the cooked toppings and enjoy!
These homemade fajitas have become one of my favorite meals.
I especially love making fajita bowls out of all the ingredients and dipping tortilla chips in it – delicious!
What toppings do you prefer on your fajitas?
Let me know in the comments below!
frugal & free,